Welcome to my Lotus 7 Replica Blog

I intend to use this blog to show the various stages as I rebuild an old Lotus 7 replica from a bit of a mess to something respectable.


Along the way i'll detail the procedures required and hopefully inspire others to do similar.



Photobucket




Friday, February 8, 2008

How it was

Got it on 7.2.08 it looked like this.
Had to have it freighted to a little place the other side of Morrinsville.
I drove it home with no WOF or Reg, no cert! and very little fuel. On the way home it hailed and was freezing, then ran out of gas about 10km from home!   When I got it home, I noticed a huge puddle of oil in the driveway! it had holes it sump just as I pulled off the road onto my driveway!
Not a great start.
 
Lots of things to do....
New bonnet obviously, new wheels, new nose, new front guards, new dash, new seatbelts, new windscreen, new paint...........
Will be keeping me busy for the next year or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment